Wedding Information Guide
The team at Cuscowilla on Lake Oconee congratulates you on your engagement and this special time in your life. We would love the opportunity to assist you in planning a memorable start to your life together. Explore our wedding options in our information guide, and then call us to talk about your dreams.
- Rehearsal Dinners and Wedding Receptions can be held at the Golf House Grill or The Waterside Restaurant. See additional rental information under “Food Guarantees”.
- For those who book a wedding with us, the bride and groom receive a complimentary wedding night stay in a one bedroom accommodation (based on availability), one night in a one bedroom accommodation on their one year anniversary (based on availability), a complimentary round of golf for four to be used on the wedding weekend (based on availability). All of the above must be set up with your Events Manager.
- All of the banquet charges must be applied to one account; the resort cannot be responsible for collection from individuals.
- Confetti, streamers and non-biodegradable items are strictly prohibited on Cuscowilla property.
- All room blocks and requests must be made through the Reservations Department at 706-484-0050.
- A minimum of 10 (ten) room nights must be booked and guaranteed. If the minimum block is not utilized, the unused amount will be posted to the credit card on file.
- Your guests will receive the member rate until 30 days before the event. After that, they will receive the standard rate.
- Guests will call in to the Reservations desk and mention the name of your block, typically the bride’s last name and the groom’s last name (i.e.: Smith-Jones Wedding) to get the special group rate.
- We are happy to distribute gift bags for your guests if you deliver them to the front desk 24 hours prior to your guest’s arrival. There will be a $3.00 per bag delivery fee to each guest room or $1.50 if we hand them out at the front desk. The fee will be charged to the Master Account. Please provide the Front Desk with the bags and a list of the guests to receive them.
- Room rental includes existing tables and chairs. It also includes all of the dishware, glassware, flatware that you will need for your event unless you have a special request.
Food & Beverage
- Food for the reception can be plated or buffet style. We customize all menus. Your Events Manager will schedule all meetings and will be your main contact.
- Prices are subject to change but will be guaranteed 3 months prior.
- A 21% taxable service charge will be added to the total food and beverage charge. A 7% sales tax will be added to all charges except room rental, which is exempt from sales tax.
- Due to health regulations, local and state liquor ordinances and liability insurance, it is required that all food and beverage be provided by the resort. We do allow you to bring in your own wedding cake.
- Please make sure that all guests who are of legal drinking age have proper identification. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who, in our staff’s opinion, has had too much to drink.
- A food and beverage minimum will be set for each event. This includes the rental of the facility, existing tables and chairs, flatware, glassware and china, as well as service.
- Food and beverage minimum does not include ceremony chairs, which can be rented for $2.50 each.
- We will prepare to serve 5% over the guaranteed number, up to a maximum of 10 meals. The guarantee number may increase after the guarantee is provided.
- A confirmed number of attendance is required a minimum of 10 days in advance. This will be considered your minimum guarantee and not subject to reduction.
Friday Evening Minimums
Golf House Grill – Rental Fee: $1,500.00 & F&B Minimum: $3,500.00
Waterside Restaurant- Rental Fee: $5,000.00 & F&B Minimum: $10,000.00
Saturday Evening Minimums
Golf House Grill – Rental Fee: $1,500.00 & F&B Minimum: $5,000.00
Waterside Restaurant- Rental Fee: $5,000.00 & F&B Minimum: $15,000.00
Banquet Event Orders
- Banquet Event Orders are the exact details of your event as discussed with your Events Manager. Copies of the Banquet Event Orders will be sent to you upon completion of the planning of your event. Please review the BEO carefully to ensure that all of your requests have been detailed. The BEO must be signed, dated and returned to your Events Manager no later than 14 business days prior to your function. You may make any changes directly on the form before remitting it to the Resort.
- For any event hosted at the Golf House Grill, valet service is required and will be an additional fee of $150.00.
- We require one bartender per 50 people at a charge of $100.00. If any additional bartenders are needed, the fee will be $100.00 for each.
- If your buffet requires a carving station, there will be a fee of $100.00 for the carver.
Entertainment & Vendors
- We are happy to provide you with a list of vendors for entertainment. Please contact our Events Manager for the list.
- All amplified music must end by 11:00 p.m.
- A copy of insurance is required for any vendors who will be participating in physical labor or physical activities. Please let your Events Manager know if you will be having any vendors that will be participating in physical labor while on property.
- Please supply our Events Manager with the contact names and phone numbers of each vendor. We also request copies of each of your vendors signed contracts to ensure all requirements are met.
- Decorations may not be attached to our existing structure with tacks, nails, wire, tape, etc.
- All decorations, floral and otherwise, and all personal belongings (cake knives, toasting flutes, guest books, cake top, etc.) must be removed from the facility immediately following the event by the client. The resort cannot store and will not be responsible for any items left behind.
Set Up & Clean Up
- The client agrees to be responsible for any damages incurred to the premises or any other area of the hotel by the host, his/her guests, independent contractors that are under the client’s control.
- The resort will not assume any responsibility for damages or loss of any merchandise or articles left or sent to the resort prior to, during or following your event.
- Additional security may be required for specific events.
- Should the Events Manager determine that the group will need security; the Resort’s Conference Services Department will assist in securing these arrangements, at an additional cost.
Booking an Event
- A function contract for the event will be issued to confirm the space at the time of booking. The signed contract and deposit are required to book the event.
- A banquet event order (BEO) will be issued and will require a signed confirmation.
Deposits & Charges
- A non-refundable deposit of 50% of the venue’s rental fee and food and beverage minimum is required by the contract due date or within 14 days of booking by cash, check or credit card to confirm the space.
First Deposit: 50% of room rental and food and beverage minimum.
Due 14 days after booking.
Second Deposit: 25% of remaining room rental and food and beverage minimum.
Due four months prior to event.
Third Deposit: Will be based on estimated FINAL BEO guarantees.
Due 14 days prior to event.
- A credit card form is required to be on file for guarantee purposes. If you would like to pay for the wedding with a credit card, you must provide a credit card authorization and the card provided will be authorized three days prior to event. If you would like to pay with a check for the wedding, the check must be received 14 days prior to event for the estimated charges. We will accept a check on the day of the event for any remaining charges. A credit card authorization form must also be completed.
- Should your function require the rental of additional supplies or equipment, there will be an additional charge.
- Should the entire or partial program cancel, the hotel will collect as liquidated damages, fees according to the following schedule:
Cancellation Prior Total Estimated Revenue
0 – 60 days: 100%
61 – 120 days: 50%
121 – or more: 30%
For more information, contact: